Wednesday, April 02, 2003

" Lost Souls "

I have this taste in my mouth -
I cant get it out of my mind
Like the spice of cloves and salty tears
And day olf blood and Honeywine,
it makes me think of years ago
when our wrists showed the scars of time.
And we'de hide the signs of sleepness nights
With smudged eyeliner and cheap hair dye.
When the pot ran out, we'd never know
Because we were allready too far gone.
We dreamt the dreams that always die
And we never slept untill dawn.
Everyone could go fuck themselves
As far as we cared to care.
We were the lost souls who found
Lifes a bitch that is'nt fair.
I wonder where you are right now.
Did you bullshit your way to the top?

And id drink a drink for you now,
But im afraid the memories would stop.

-- A Beautiful Oblivion (now deceased)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home